Valley CAC is committed to doing everything we can to keep children and families safe, especially during the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Valley CAC continues to serve children and families in need. As we continue to serve child abuse victims and their families, our services may look different in order to comply with CDC recommendations, including we will revisit our plans to ensure we are complying with national and local authorities’ recommendations.
Valley CAC Counseling clients:
- For children and families currently receiving services, our counselor will utilize HIPAA compliant telehealth sessions.
- Our family advocate will be making phone calls to check in on families and to provide in-person assistance when possible.
- All groups are cancelled until further notice.
- MDT meetings will be held on a secure online platform until further notice.
- Please continue to contact us with any emergency or urgent requests for a forensic interview. We will schedule and staff FIs on a case-by-case basis while protecting the health and safety of everyone involved.
All Valley CAC programs and trainings (Stewards of Darkness) are canceled until further notice.
*If you think you or your child have been exposed to COVID‑19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing please do not come to the CAC. Call your primary health provider or contact the Virginia Department of Health.
You can do your part to prevent the spread of COVID-19 by staying informed and taking these actions:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water
- Avoid close contact with others
- Stay at home if you are sick
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
Report Child Abuse:
Child Protective Services (540) 245-5800 ext. 6
In-State Hotline (800) 552-7096
Out-of-State Hotline (804) 786-8536
Hearing Impaired (800) 828-1120